The Little Mill Blog
Wholemeal Multiseed Loaf Recipe
- 250g Strong Stoneground Multiseed Flour
- 110g Strong White Flour
- 7g (1 sachet) Dried yeast
- 7g (1/2 tsp) Sea Salt (can use normal salt)
- 5g (1/2 tsp) Honey (optional)
- 5g (1 tsp) Olive oil (can use vegetable oil/butter)
- 225g or ml Water (tepid)
- Add all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add salt level to desired taste.
- Add the water, olive oil, and honey and mix together until combined.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a round and place into a bowl. Cover and leave to rise for 20 minutes.
- Gently remove the dough from the bowl and mould into a short cylinder shape to fit your 2lb loaf tin.
- Place the dough in your tin and cover with a tea towel. Leave in a warm place to double in size. Approximately 25-35 minutes.
- Preheat you oven to 220C. Place a tray of water close to the bottom of the oven to create a moist atmosphere.
- Remove the tea towel and bake for 28-30 minutes or until fully baked. Baked loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.