Suitable for making soda breads and yeasted breads. Our wholemeal flour has been produced using traditional stoneground milling methods, which means unlike refined flour it retains all of its nutritional goodness, B & E vitamins, antioxidants,fibre, protein, minerals and healthy oils.
Wholemeal Loaf Recipe
- 250g Strong Stoneground Wholemeal Flour
- 110g Strong White Flour
- 7g Dried yeast
- 7g (1/2 tsp) Sea Salt (can use normal salt)
- 5g (1/2 tsp) Honey (optional)
- 5g (1 tsp) Olive oil (can use vegetable oil / butter)
- 240ml Water (tepid)
- One 2 lb loaf tin
- Add all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the water, olive oil, and honey and mix together until combined.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a round and place into a bowl. Cover and leave to rise for 20 minutes.
- Gently remove the dough from the bowl and mould into a short cylinder shape to fit your 2lb loaf tin.
- Place the dough in your tin and cover with a tea towel. Leave in a warm place to double in size for approximately 25-35 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Place a tray of water close to the bottom of the oven to create a moist atmosphere.
- Remove the tea towel and bake for 28-30 minutes or until fully baked. Baked loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Electric Mixer Guide
- Use a dough hook attachment and mix for 2 minutes on slow speed at step 2 above.
- Mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed at step 3 above.